Whether you are just starting out, becoming curious about how to get fit, and are looking for those special offers for beginners at the nearest gym, or you are already a fitness nut who nails two workouts a day and runs ten miles every morning, we can all, sometimes, use that little extra bite of motivation. Us too! So we asked a number of personal trainers, all with different workout focuses (indoor cycling, Pilates, and running), to share the favourite motivational pitches and phrases they use in their classes.
We received an overwhelming response and have had to prune the answers down to the ones we felt were so good we simply had to include them in this list. So here they are, the Fifty Best and Most Awesome Motivational Quotes to Inspire You during stretching, tough climbs or endurance drills, any time you need them, those times when you know, “Just do it,” is not enough.
1. Enjoy the moment!
2. Surprise me with your ride today!
3. Just keep calm and ride!
4. Ride your dream!
5. Take care of your body, it’s the only place you have to live in!
6. Welcome to your first workout. Other instructors give newbies some slack. But I don’t.
7. Empower others around you!
8. Find comfort in your discomfort!
9. Exercise in the morning, before your brain figures out what you are doing
10. Run like you stole something!
11. Today is the best day to start!
12. Wheels are wings, my beautiful bird!
13. Run faster: celebrate what your body is capable of!
14. Keep calm and pedal on!
15. Ride so fast that I think you are doping!
16. This one hour is only 4% of your day.
17. My grandmother does it. You can do it too.
18. Give me smile! And keep doing!
19. Challenge equals change!
20. Dance your bike!
21. Don’t tell me, what you want to achieve. Show me, how much you want it.
22. Exercise is a blessing. Stop crying and keep doing your push-ups, Honey!
23. You’ve got a chance to run away from all your problems!
24. Someone, who is busier than you, is doing Pilates right now!
25. Crunchy (muscles) means it’s alive 🙂
26. Trust me, it’s good for you!
27. You’re going to make yourself so proud today!
28. Now is the best moment to add some speed!
29. Once you find it (the “core”), you will never lose it!
30. You’re only one workout away from a good mood!
31. It is not about being better than someone else. It’s about being better than you used to be!
32. If you can dream it, you can do it!
33. Your legs are not giving out; your head is giving up!
34. Healthy is the new skinny. You know that!
35. It is only hard for the first 50 years!
36. Exercise like your life’s quality depends on it. Actually, it does!
37. Even a little progress each day adds up to big results.
38. If you could make it through 2016, then you can make it through this race.
39. Act like a horse. Be dumb. Just run.
40. What seems hard now will one day be your warm-up.
41. There will come a day when you can no longer run. Today is not that day.
42. Unless you puke, faint, or die, keep going!
43. Sweat is just fat crying!
44. Think about why you started!
45. Do it for the after-selfie.
46. No matter how slow you go; you are still faster than anyone on the couch!
47. Are you okey? Super, give me 50 more crunches!
48. Workout because you love your body, not because you hate it!
49. Think about why you started! If you give up, it means you never wanted it!
50. Lost count of the number of repetitions you’ve done? Start all over again!
OK, now: what’s Your favourite sports motivational quote?
Share in comments below!